Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wave Hill

I found myself at Wave Hill up in the Bronx today. Rainy it was, but beautiful still.  Wave Hill is an estate that sits on 28 acres of land over looking the Palisades and the Hudson River, just off the Henry Hudson Parkway. The estate has a long history of owners (including summer rentals by both future President Theodore Roosevelt and his family in 1870, and Mark Twain in 1901) but is now owned by the City of New York and operates as a Public (botanical?) Garden. If you are getting married in the NY area in the Summer months this might be an amazing spot to do it, but I suspect there is a long waiting list as even today, a rainy day in October, there was a wedding being set up for the evening. Seeing as how the weather was not ideal for stunning vistas of the river, I decided instead to photograph some of the more intimate details of the grounds. I hope you like the photos, and I hope you go and visit for yourselves.

No comments: