Monday, October 19, 2009

Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island, Maine

An extremely quick trip up to Acadia National Park yielded these pics. I could/would live on this Island in a heartbeat, and even seriously entertained the idea for a hot second. I mean could the commute really be that difficult?

The day was spent driving around the island and stopping at various areas to explore. The weather was sunny but chilly and the wind pushed around the turning leaves with force. A perfect Autumn day. I am not sure if it was the geographic proximity to Nova Scotia, but I was having a ridiculous love affair with Sarah Mclachlan's 'Fumbling Towards Ecstasy'. At one point, I stopped to hike (climb) a trail (terror path) called 'Precipice'. If their is a performer alive who should have a song called 'Precipice', it is Sarah, no?
 

2 comments:

Mark Kullman said...

A great song for Sarah! I sure enjoy your blog Sean!
Mark Kullman

Sean said...

Thanks Mark!