Monday, June 22, 2009

St. Maarten/St.Martin



I spent a week on the island with friends and it was fantastic. We sprawled on the beach, sunbathed by the pool, sipped frozen cocktails, had a BBQ, ate the freshest seafood possible, gambled, danced, swam, and participated in all around general hi-jinks. Good times were had by all. There are a few songs I couldn't stop playing in my iPod. Wish I'd Stayed - Ellie Goulding is one of those songs. My last post included a song by her too. I am just really into her right now. Shockingly she is yet to be signed. Check out her out on her MySpace Page. This track was produced by Frankmusik who in case you are unaware, is sorta hot right now.

We stayed on the French side of the Island. Stunning. The Dutch side was great as well, don't get me wrong I mean I love the Dutch, but the French side just had more charm . It had me longing for Lisztomania (Yuksek Remix) - Phoenix. I mean this is hardly the first group or style of music one would bring to the table of things typically French, but Yuksek is an up and coming electro artist based in Paris. Again check his MySpace. Clearly I was just looking for a segue.




Another song I was having a slight tropical obsession with was I Am Not A Robot (Starsmith's 24 Carat Remix) - Marina & the Diamonds. She is another one that is just killing me lately with her style. She has an EP out on iTunes, and the rumor is there will be a full album out sometime in 2010. Fingers Crossed. Check her MySpace as well.

No comments: