Wednesday, June 24, 2009

L.A.


So I flew out to L.A. yesterday. Just for the night, because I can. I didn't stay long, just about 12 hours, as a matter of fact just about the time it takes to fly there and back. Anyway, I have been to L.A. many times before, I even lived there briefly when I was much younger. This time I just wanted to hit the ocean, so I went down to Manhattan Beach. Not the nicest, but it has that sort of 'come and knock on our door, we'll be waiting for you' 3's Company vibe. I didn't get there until 5 pm or so, and so by the time I checked into my hotel and got to the water it was almost 7 pm. I just walked the pier and took in the beauty of the Pacific Ocean. Chillier than I thought, I wished for a light jacket. Bulletproof - La Roux was making me happy as I took some pics of the surfers.


I walked from the pier up to a a Mexican Restaurant called Mucho. Not the most original of names, but the decor was just the right mix of trendy and comfortable. The food was better than I suspected, and I finished everything on my plate and washed it down with a blood orange margarita which was in a word, divine. I thought of having a coffee before heading back to the hotel, but decided against it as it was almost 10 pm. I went back to the hotel, applied a cucumber mask and turned on my iPod. Audacity of Huge - Simian Mobile Disco accompanied me to bed. So I got up this morning and headed back to the airport. I will be back in NY by 6 pm. not the worst way to spend 24 hours, is it?

No comments: