Monday, December 21, 2009

Brugge, Belgium

Last week saw a wicked cold snap and a snow storm in Belguim but still I decided to press on with my plan of visiting Brugge, while on a layover in Brussels. The snow stopped falling by the time I had hopped on the train at Centraal Station. The train ride was just under an hour and the views of the snow covered fields helped make it seem even less. We arrived at Brugge station and headed into the Central Market where vendors galore were selling handmade scarfs, hats, Christmas trinkets, waffels, glühwein, cheese, and beer all under the stunning and imposing architechure of the Bell Tower.  Even though it was bitterly cold, I manged to stay warm with the help of frequent stops for Glühwein. Anyway, enough of my yammering... here are the pics!


No comments: