Monday, January 30, 2012

Stockholm, Sweden

Yet another trip to Stockholm (amazing as always) this January. This was my first trip during the heart of winter and I am now well aware why vodka is so popular in this part of the world. I also included a side trip to Helsinki, Finland, which I will post pictures from in my next update. It snowed from the moment I landed and didnt let up. It was still snowing as the plane took off for JFK, and for all I know it is still snowing. It is all part of the Scandinavian experience so I went with it. Just call me Nanook. 

My time in Stockholm, with only 5 to 6 hours of daylight, included a visit to the Vasamuseet, Skansen, a walking tours through Södermalm, Gamla Stan, and Norrmalm...with multiple stops to have a fika and warm up of course. 

Additionally, I was directed to this amazing blog on life is Stockholm. It truly gives a great modern opinion of what it means to be a metropolitan Swede. And the writing is just dry and brilliant.












No comments: