Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stockholm, Sweden - Post 3

As far as music goes, Sweden has been really good to the world. Robyn, The Knife, Lykke Li, Erik Hassle, Peter Bjorn & John, Koop, Kleerup, Sally Shapiro, Axwell, Roxette, Ace of Base... ABBA! I mean seriously, the list is endless. Some of my favorite artists are on this list, and so I was well aware of the contribution that Stockholm has made to the music world long before I went. What I was unaware of was how inspired I would by the visuals that Stockholm gives off as well. It's extremely beautiful in the most cosmopolitan of ways, and yet still maintains its sense of history and heritage. It combines modern, retro, and classic together in a clean space surrounded by nature. Everywhere you look there is some sort of art installation, from the subway stations to public spaces, it seems that Stockholmers love to be surrounded by beauty. I don't blame them.


No comments: